Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Time to get wet...

...for the figures below, this will be the last time you see then naked...without their paint that is :)

I will be setting aside the sculpting tools for the moment and focus on nothing but painting up several finished pieces...the following figures are facing the brush this week...




JEDI MASTER LUKE SKYWALKER - STAR WARS: INVASION

Still working on a robe for him, as well as a few additional accessories but nothing that should delay the paint application.



JEDI DASS JENNIR and H2 - STAR WARS: DARK TIMES

Some of you know that I have already painted the headsculpts of both Dass with and without his hat...I've just went back and included the originals in the shot for effect...nothing more. H2 is complete, but will have to stay behind the curtain till Dass is finished.



ZAYNE CARRICK in SPACESUIT - STAR WARS: KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC

Again, I've already completed a painted headsculpt...but will do another one because I have a second Zayne piece in the works that can sport the same head with possibly a different hair style...



FURLAG: BOUNTY HUNTER - STAR WARS: SHADOWS OF THE EMPIRE

Time to get this bad boy painted up - I've been looking forward to it too. The eyes will be the biggest challenge!



YUUZHAN VONG WARRIOR #1 - STAR WARS: INVASION

Finally a finished Vong to paint up! I will be using the color schemes found in the Invasion comics. I hope to retain much of the detail I have placed into the scupt so expect plenty of dry brushing and multiple thin layers.

So I'm ready to get rollin'!....but wait, I already have!

Last night was PRIME TIME...and no I don't mean the great Deion Sanders. Last night I washed and primed the figures shown with a few layers of Floyquil Undercoat Gray...I always prime my figures.







Note that I washed the figures first...if your a novice to painting, always remember to wash the pieces you are about to apply paint to. Leftover oils or releasing agents may still be attached to your sculpt and not allow paint to adhere...leaving a "balding" area where paint easily strips away. You don't want this...

Alright - That's it for now. You can see many more images of the pre-painted figures I have shown on my Flickr photostream. Check out my Facebook page (look to the right) for any short but sweet work in progress postings I may make while working..I may have some tips to share :)
Hopefully will have some finished pieces to show you next posting - have a good one!

1 comment:

Road Warrior said...

You ARE the master! Incredible work Dayton.