Friday, April 24, 2009

The Temple of the Sith - Star Wars Legacy

Hey guys!
Wanted to share with you my first work in progress images of my very first diorama! After witnessing fellow customizers take on this challenging hobby, I decided it was time to take the plunge...and for my first dio, I have chosen The Temple of the Sith - as seen in the fourth story arc in the Star Wars Legacy comic series entitled Claws of the Dragon. Below are a couple images of my work in progress...



For many more images of the Sith Temple dio, visit my Flickr stream http://www.flickr.com/photos/sith_fire30/
This will be a very large diorama, featuring several chamers of the temple. All of which uses a famework of sheet styrene, with an overcoating of Aves FIXIT sculpt. All details you see have been hand sculpted...all the way down to each individual hieroglyphic symbol.....and my hands are CRAMPIN'!!! LOL!
Any comment or suggestions welcome! Thanks for looking!
sith_fire30

4 comments:

Road Warrior said...

About time you started this blog Mr. Allen. Thanks for sharing more of your fantastic work!

The Sith Temple looks superb. The wear and deterioration of the stone looks natural and real. Plus the W.I.P. shots are very informative.

DnJcustoms said...

I've been following your work for a while now and I must agree with Road Warrior. It's good to see you establish your own showplace for your creations. The Sith Temple is exquisite in it's detailing. Fantastic work. Happy customizing!

bruce said...

Friggin' insane.

I can see the process from your images, but I still can't quite understand how you made this thing look so amazing. Your sculptwork is exquisite.

Andrew Glazebrook said...

Very cool work and a neat blog !!!