Thursday, December 24, 2009

Final post for 2009 - What's in store for the New Year!

Happy Holidays guys! Hope you all have a blessed New Year!

Completed my second space suit custom...and even though it isn't 100% accurate from the comic depiction, I am satisfied that I got close :) Sometimes accuracy isn't everything...and that says a lot coming from me, Mr. Detail. LOL!

This is a custom of the character Jarael from the KOTOR comic series produced by Dark Horse. This version features the character in one of the many space suits found in the comic series...the canopy is from a bubblegum capsule with some sculpt work placed over portions. The helmet is removable, as well as the enviro pack and head...seen in the below images. I am in the process of finishing Zayne Carrick's space suit which will join Jarael in a diorama I'm also working on.







I had some fun with photoshop, creating a starfield in which the custom appears to be shot in. The debris you see on the rim of the glass canopy is intentional - wanted to show that this suit is aged, used and possible unkept over the years...similar to the tech style Star Wars is famous for.




More pics of Jarael's space suit can be found on my photostream,

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sith_fire30/

as well as my custom Aayla Secura, shown below...I you haven't seen these yet, I hope you enjoy :)










Now a couple teaser images....first is Jedi Sian Jeisel from Star Wars Republic - Her sculpt is complete, but need to find time to paint her. More updates in early 2010.




Below is a sculpt I am working on of a character in the Star Wars Invasion series by Dark Horse - the New Republic Shock Troops that assist Jedi Master Luke Skywalker when confronting the Vong armies. I will be creating 4 of these troopers - each with a unique weapon and hopefully switch out armor (for battle damage). Each will have a positional visor as seen in the comic. Much more to come!


By the way, I will be featured in my first ever customizing interview on Yakface.com early in the new year - I will let you know more details when posted. Also will be attending Celebration V in Orlando so I hope to see you there!
Please let me know if you have any questions or comments! See ya next year!!!!
Dayton
sith_fire30

3 comments:

Road Warrior said...

Fantastic work sir! It looks like we have several things to look forward to in the upcoming year. Carry on man.

F0RCEFL0W said...

Those space suits really caught my eye in the comics, and your sculpt nails it. Speaking of Invasion, I don't suppose a Vong warrior is on the drawing board? Seems like it would be right up your alley.

sith_fire30 said...

Forceflow - Working on some Vong at the moment and will be posting an update soon!